MahaDBT Login – Process | mahadbt scholarship
MahaDBT or Aaple Sarkar DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) is a commendable online scholarship portal by the Government of Maharashtra. It hosts around 38 post-matric scholarships for the reserved category students who are domiciles of Maharashtra. These scholarships are provided by 8 distinct departments of the State Government of Maharashtra.
The scholarships are granted through the MahaDBT portal based on merit and category. The MahaDBT scholarship application process for the year 2020 started in the first week of August. Students, who still want to apply for the scholarships on this portal can do it by the first week of October 2020 (tentative date).
mahayojana.com advises students to go through the detailed information and step by step MahaDBT login instructions to avoid any last-minute errors or mistakes.
MahaDBT Login – Important Highlights
The MahaDBT Scholarship Scheme 2020-21 offers financial assistance to students of Class 11 and 12. As per the scholarship notification, the student should score 75% or more in Class 10 to apply for this scholarship.
- Name of the Portal – MahaDBT (Maharashtra Direct Benefit Transfer)
- Other Name of Scholarship – Direct Benefit Transfer
- Beneficiaries include – Students belonging from reserved category in Maharashtra
- Official mahadbt Login Web Portal – https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/login/login
MahaDBT Login – Important Dates
Students can find important events related to Maharashtra DBT Scholarship 2020-21 and their respective dates in the table below:
- Start Date to Apply for Scholarship – First week of August 2020
- Last Date to Apply – First week of October 2020 (tentative)
- Disbursement of scholarships – December 2020 (tentative)
- Dates to Redeem scholarships – Last week of January 2020 (tentative)
MahaDBT Registration – Step by Step Process
Students who wish to enrol themselves and apply for MahaDBT scholarships must have the access to scanned copies of their marks card, family income certificates, and other important documents before moving ahead to the registration and MahaDBT login process.
There are two methods with the help of which students can register themselves for the MahaDBT scholarship programme.
Registration Method 1:
MahaDBT Registration Options
As per the first method, students can register on MahaDBT by following any of the 2 ways mentioned below:
- UID based Registration
- Non-UID based Registration
Step 1 – Visit the MahaDBT website or directly visit the MahaDBT login page
Step 2 – Then, students need to click on ‘How to Apply Online?’ option present on the homepage
Step 3 – Students will be redirected to a new window where they have to choose a Registration Option’
UID based Registration
- In case of UID based Registration, students have to enter their Aadhar Number, select OTP option and click on Send OTP button
- They will receive OTP via SMS on the phone number which is linked to their Aadhaar card number
Non-UID based Registration
- For Non-UID based Registration, if the students choose that they do not have Aadhar number or Aadhar registration ID, they will be asked to enter a valid email ID and click ‘Get OTP’ for Email ID verification
- They will receive OTP in their provided email address
- After entering the OTP, they have to enter a valid mobile number and again click ‘Get OTP’ for mobile number verification
- Students need to enter the OTP received on their mobile phones, fill the form and click ‘Save’
Registration Method 2:
1. Visit the official Aaple Sarkar DBT or MahaDBT login portal
2. Click on the tab titled ‘New Applicant Registration’
3. Enter the required information such as Name of the applicant, Username, Password, Confirm Password, OTP for Email ID and OTP for Mobile number
4. In case of Email ID and mobile number, a verification OTP will be sent to the email address and mobile number
5. Enter the OTP numbers
6. Click on ‘Register’
7. You will be redirected to UID based registration page
8. Enter your Aadhar number
9. The next step involves authentication. You can choose between biometric authentication or OTP (One Time Password) authentication
10. On choosing the OTP option, an OTP number will be sent to your registered mobile number. After verification, all your registered information will be displayed
11. Now create a username and password for login purpose
How to Login to MahaDBT Scholarship Portal?
1. Visit the MahaDBT website
2. Navigate to the ‘Applicant Login’ tab at the right-hand side of the MahaDBT login screen and click on it
3. A new Login window will open
4. Enter your created Username and Password
5. Click on Login
MahaDBT Login – How to Reset Login Name/User Name?
In case a student forgets the username that he/she had created for MahaDBT login ID, they need to follow these steps:
- Visit the official MahaDBT login portal
- Click on ‘Applicant Login’
- When the Login page opens, click on ‘Forgot Username’
- Enter details such as Full name of the applicant (by profile), Mobile number and Date of birth
- Click on ‘Get User Name’
- A new pop up screen will be displayed with the message ‘Your Username Successfully sent to your Registered Mobile Number’
- You will receive an SMS – ‘Dear “Applicant Name” your username is “user name”. Kindly save the details for future reference
MahaDBT Login – How to Reset MahaDBT Password?
Candidates can reset their passwords by following the below instructions:
- Visit the official MahaDBT login portal
- Click on ‘Applicant Login’
- When the Login page opens, click on ‘Forgot Password’
- Now, enter your ‘Username’
- A popup window will appear displaying ‘OTP has been sent Successfully to the registered Mobile number’
- Click on ‘OK’ displaying on the popup window
- Enter the OTP number in the box below ‘Username’
- A new window ‘Change Password’ will open
- Now enter the old password, new password and confirm the new password
- Finally, click on ‘Change Password’
Note: Your password should contain alphabets and at least one symbol and number
Documents required for MahaDBT Scholarship 2020-21 Application Process
- Domicile certificate
- Income certificate
- HSC and SSC certificates
- Affidavit and Aadhar
- PAN card details
- Fee receipt
- College bonafide certificate
- Caste validity certificate
- CAP allotment letter
- Hostel certificate
- Scanned photograph of a candidate in JPEG format
How to Redeem MahaDBT Scholarship 2020-21?
- If a candidate is selected for the Aaple Sarkar DBT scholarship, they will receive a link to redeem the scholarships via SMS or email
- The candidate need to click on the received link, which will direct him/her to
the MahaDBT login page
- Log in using your username and password
- Click on ‘My Applied Schemes’
- Check the redeem status option
- Click on the ‘Redeem’ tab
MahaDBT Login – Renewing MahaDBT Scholarship 2020-21
There is a set of procedures that students have to follow to renew their MahaDBT scholarship application.
- Visit the MahaDBT login page
- Enter the username and password
- Click on the current course and add the new semester/year
- Add the past qualification/last examination
- Upload the required documents such as mark sheet, hostel details, etc.
- Choose among the current scheme
- Click ‘Yes’ for MahaDBT application form renewal
- Finally, click on ‘Submit’
Note: The applicants have to pass the previous examination to renew their application. In case a student fails in the previous year or semester, they will not be paid any scholarship.
MahaDBT Login – FAQs
Who can apply for MahaDBT scholarship?
Any student who belongs to a minority category (SC/ST/OBC) and is a domicile of Maharashtra can apply for MahaDBT scholarship.
How can I change my login password?
Students who want to change their password need to visit the MahaDBT login page and click on the ‘Forgot Password’ option. Read the detailed procedure in the article above.
Do I need my Aadhar number to apply for MahaDBT scholarship?
Yes. Aadhar number is important to register for the MahaDBT Scholarship programme.
Is there any other method to renew my MahaDBT Scholarship?
No. The renewal process can only be done by logging into the MahaDBT login portal and following the detailed steps explained in the above article. There is no other method to renew the MahaDBT Scholarship application.